Anderson Environmental Co. began in 2003 in the basement of owner, Jennifer Anderson. The goal back then was to serve a few clients very well. Within six months, however, the client list expanded and so did the need for space. The company moved to downtown Rockford’s historic Waterside Center that same year and has grown to serve more than 800 clients, many of which are very large organizations. In 2013, the Sullivan House at 201 N. Sixth Street in Rockford, Illinois was purchased for our new office space. The Sullivan House was built prior to 1886, and has served as a residence, a women's boarding house, The Victorian Village Bed & Breakfast, and a community home for Rosecrance.
Anderson believes in giving back to the community that has aided in its successes. Every year, the company donates its dollars and services to various local organizations. In 2016, those organizations included Blackhawk Area Council of Boy Scouts, Pregnancy Care Center, Rockford Rescue Mission, Midway Village Museum and Our Saviors Lutheran Church.